The Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) files provided below describe the location and status of each Caltrans' CCTV located on the State Highway Network.
File formats include CSV, JSON, TXT and XML. Each file format contains the same data set. These files are available for integration into your application and are available via the HTTPS protocol. There is no charge for the use of this data.
Conditions of Use
Please read the Conditions Of Use before using these data sets.
Caltrans traffic camera video footage and still images are neither retained nor archived.
- October 20, 2020 : On November 9, 2020 Caltrans will be migrating the Caltrans Wholesale Website Portal Version 2 (CWWP2) to the HTTPS protocol from the HTTP protocol. HTTP will be available until November 9th, 2020 and will be redirected to HTTPS thereafter. HTTPS will not be available until after the transition on November 9th, 2020. Please update your clients and applications that utilize the CWWP2 as necessary to accommodate this important change.
Data Format and File Layout
Data is available in four file formats that contain the same information to allow easy integration into your application. Included below are the file format layouts:
- CSV - Comma Separated Values
- TXT - Text file with delimeter value of "ÿ" or 0xFF
- XML - Extensible Markup Language
Data in each of these file formats are defined in the following documents:
- Field description - Describes field number, field name, description, type, nominal value, example value and which file format field is used
- GIS Data Dictionary (XLSX) - GIS Portal Data Dictionary for the CWWP2 CCTV data sets
- District Reporting Matrix - Describes which Districts are reporting data in each field
- District Map and County Chart - Shows the relationship of Districts to counties
- Route Chart - Lists the state highway routes
- Postmile Prefix / Route Suffix / Alignment Charts - Decodes the values reported in the Postmile Prefix, Route Suffix and Alignment fields
Data sets are broken up by Caltrans Districts.